Plemmons Student Union
3rd Floor, Rm. 320
ASU Box 32084
Boone, NC 28608-2084
Phone: (828) 262-2704
Fax: (828) 262-4997
Quote of the Day:
Character is much easier kept than recovered.
Use the Buddy System when walking on campus at night. (ASU Police 262 2150)
Academic Integrity - VII. Board (AIB)
Appalachian State Universitys Academic Integrity Board consists of twelve (12) members. Six (6) faculty members and six (6) students are appointed to the Board. Faculty AIB members are nominated by the Committee on Committees of the Faculty Senate from a list of volunteers willing to serve, and approved by a vote of the Faculty Senate. Faculty members serve three-year staggered terms and may be nominated for consecutive terms. Student AIB members are nominated by the Student Government Association President and selected by a Student Judicial Board interview panel. Student AIB members serve two-year staggered terms.
The AIB contains two (2) standing committees: (1) the faculty committee and (2) the student committee.
1. Faculty Committee
The Faculty Committee is composed of the AIBs six (6) faculty members and one (1) student member. This committee is charged with:
- Providing their peers with guidelines for promoting and enforcing academic integrity.
- Educating faculty about academic integrity issues.
- Conducting academic integrity workshops for faculty.
- Observing faculty reactions to the operation of the Code and to the academic environment of Appalachian State University.
2. Student Committee
The Student Committee is composed of the AIBs six (6) student members and one (1) faculty member. The committee shall:
- Promote academic integrity among their peers through a series of seminars, workshops, and classes.
- Educate students about the seriousness of academic integrity.
- Observe student reactions toward the operation of the Code and Appalachian State Universitys academic environment.
C. Academic Integrity Board Chairperson
AIB members select a Chair and Vice Chair yearly in the Spring semester. The Chair may vote only in the case of a tie. A student Chair must be a junior or senior and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 at the time of election. The Chairs duties include:
- Presiding over all meetings and hearings of the full AIB.
- Acting as spokesperson for the AIB.
- Working closely with the Office of Student Conduct throughout the Codes operation.
In the event of the Chairs absence or inability to perform these duties, the Vice Chair assumes the above duties.